Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Altered Dies #16

Hi and welcome to my blog! At the beginning of the summer hubby and I ate outside at a downtown cafe at dusk. There was a nice little breeze and a jazz player nearby playing delightful tunes. Small little lights hung over us as we ate. This card reminds of that wonderful evening! This card is also another altered die card. Sometimes we don't have a die that we want so we can alter some that we have to make them into something else. That is what I did on this card. I wanted an awning over the table and chairs so that it would look like they were at an outside cafe. I saw a fence die that I had and thought that I could make it into an awning. It worked just fine!




I cut the fence by Impression Obsession from blue card stock, bent down the top part of the fence and adhered it behind a layer of card stock above the table and chairs.






Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have been inspired to look at your dies differently and make them into something very different. Have a great day!


Challenges entered:

Scrapy Land:  Use An Image
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Summer Fun
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Make For The Border
Tuesday Throwdown:  Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is an adorable use for your fence die! What a fun scene, I really like the font of the sentiment! So cheerful!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi April!
This is just darling. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your lovely cards in our challenges. I'm always so blessed by your cards and hope you enjoy playing along as much as I enjoy having you join us.
Bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, April! Fantastic alteration of the die, too!

Conniecrafter said...

that is just too cool, I love how you can see things that I never would have seen in that fence!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

what a clever way to use a die!!!! Never thought of that!
Thank you so much for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Hugs x
Zoey

Andrea W said...

Such a delightful card! Your die cuts are wonderful and I really like the colors. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful card with the way you used the fence. The bow with the flower are gorgeous together. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapy Land and look forward seeing your next beautiful card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Design Team for Scrapy Land.com

jenn shurkus said...

such a fun card! i love how our life moments inspire us!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Blog Archive