Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Oldies Technique #4 -- Rock N Roll

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I want to share another easy Oldies technique called Rock N Roll. The name comes from kind of rocking and rolling your stamp around in an ink pad.





Supplies needed:

two colors of pigment ink pads
solid stamp
white or cream card stock


Ink up your stamp with the lightest color of pigment ink. Pigment ink stays juicy longer and this is helpful with this technique as you will see.


Do not stamp yet. Take your second color and roll the stamp around the edges on the ink pad. You will see that you have a border around the inked stamp. The ink is still wet even though you haven't stamped yet. Yes, your pad may get a little muddied, but you can lightly wipe off the top ink and usually it fades away after stamping off on paper a few times.


 Stamp your image onto the card stock.


I really like the artsy look of this. Here is another picture of this image using teal and red.



Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful and I hope to see you back here again on  March 19th to see another Oldie!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Special Lady/Girly


6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty April. How quickly we forget - the oldies but goodies! Love the layers of the border and the frame to highlight your gorgeous focal point. Thanks for sharing.

Lori Kobular said...

I love that rock and roll technique!! Thanks for the intstructions on how to do it! I love that Victorian Frame, the butterfly and the lace border plus bling! Just gorgeous and very vintage looking! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #13!

Joanna said...

lovely card, i like to use two types of ink on my projects, thank you for taking part in scrapyland challenge

Anne Temple said...

WOnderful cards. Love how you're doing thes oldie but goodie techniques.

Donna Ellis said...

First of all, you just can NOT go wrong with pears! I actually have a VERY similar pear in my stash, April LOL - and have forgotten about this technique with the pigment inks - LOVE IT! Your shading is amazing - how fun! Thank you for reminding us of long-forgotten techniques! BTW, your card is beautiful! hugs, de

now for my other hat: Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Jo Nevill said...

Great card, love your pear !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Blog Archive