Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, October 7, 2013

Stained Glass Trees and Cord Technique

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. Fall is my favorite time of year and I would like to share with you  a Fall card I made with the Stained Glass Tree from Sparkle N Sprinkle using the cord technique. I had a lot of fun with this and played with different designs and colors as you will see below. 



Supplies needed:
  1. cord
  2. sprays in different colors
  3. cream or white card stock
  4. mat to catch over spray
  5. regular tape
Take the card stock and place the end of the cord somewhere on the back of the card stock and tape down.


Now wrap the cord around the card stock and tape down the other end on the back.



Turn the card stock over and start spraying on the colors one by one. I start with the lighter colors and go to darker.


After the whole card is sprayed, let dry (you can speed the drying time by using a heat tool) and then take one end of the tape off the back and unwind the cord. White areas are left where the cord was, exposing a neat background!

Here are some more backgrounds I experimented with.



I hope you will enjoy trying this technique. There are endless possibilities! Thanks so much for stopping by. I wish you a wonderful day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Stained Glass Tree 1597-317m
  2. Champagne glitter G1045
  3. Sakura Glue Pen

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow April! This is awesome. Love the effect you achieved for the background. Your glittered tree is gorgeous!

Brenda said...

That has to be the best use of that image that I've ever seen - it just pops with beautiful color - awesome job....

Anne Temple said...

What a cool technique and a great card. Love the bright colors.

Donna Ellis said...

April, you are also so innovative, creating amazing backgrounds and using pretty colors! This is a beautiful card, and I love the vertical lines in the background with these trees - wonderful theme, and pretty card. hugs, de

Blog Archive