Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, July 29, 2013

Chillin'

Hi Everyone!

A good Monday to you. I hope your week has started off well. What better way to chill than to eat a big slice of cold, juicy watermelon? My husband road 80 miles on his bicycle yesterday. He always loves to have watermelon after a long ride. I couldn't resist using this little Happy Hopper House Mouse stamp. I don't know if you can see it well, but I embossed the patterned paper by Basic Grey ( Sweet Threads ) with Tim Holtz's sun rays embossing folder, colored the rays with copics and wet embossed the raised rays with Sparkle embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle, to give the rays some shimmer. I also used clear embossing powder on the watermelon. I enjoyed making the summery tag. Thanks so much for stopping by. may your day be filled with sunshine!



Challenges entered:

House Mouse  --  Heat Embossing
Basic Grey -- Make a Tag
Simon Says Stamp and Show -- Ode to Sunshine

13 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous tag April :-) I love this image ,, one of my most recent buy's and the whole design is gorgeous :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse Challenge :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Carroll said...

This is adorable! Perfect coloring! :) Thank you for joining us in the "Summer Food & Drink" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog! xo

downrightcrafty said...

wow gorgeous piece and super embossing, thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great tag April, what a cute little image and your embossing is fabulous!

Sue said...

April, what a fun tag, pretty bright colors and love the sun rays. That little watermelon seed spitter is so darn cute. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and friends Monday Heat Embossing challenge.

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

This tag is so colorful and fun! Love all the details, textures, colors, and image! Fun idea. Thanks for joining us in the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. Nancy (GDT)

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous tag, such a cute image

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo x

Anne Temple said...

Your tag is so darn cute!

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, such a cute tag! I like that you have photographed it at an angle! You can't go wrong with those sweet HM images - and your little bunny is the darlingest ever! hugs, de

Gerlinde said...

Love the rays on the background! Such a cute tag!

Sandra said...

What a cute tag! Love the embossed rays in the back! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Christine said...

Hi April..lovely take on the chall theme..this tag is so colourful & fun, I have this stamp meself, always makes me chuckle..

Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall this time.

smiles Christine x

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for joining our Embossing Challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

The dimension and glitter on this must be amazing in real life! Watermelon-yummmmmmy!

♥ Sue Kment

Blog Archive