Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, December 10, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Wax Paper Resist and Embossing Folder



 Hi Everyone! Welcome back to Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday! I hope you are having fun getting ready for Christmas and not having things be too hectic. I want to show you an easy background to make for your Christmas cards. It is called wax paper resist.  Maybe you will have some time to use this on a last minute Christmas card.




Supplies needed:
  1. a  piece of wax paper
  2. embossing folder
  3. 2 pieces of glossy card stock
  4. ink ( I used green )
  5. sponge or brayer
  6. paper towel
Place wax paper inside the embossing folder and run it through your embossing machine.


Now place the wax paper in between two pieces of glossy card stock making sure the glossy side of each piece is against the wax paper.  Iron the "sandwich" on high for a few seconds.  The wax will transfer to the glossy card stock and leave the pretty pattern. You can barely see it here on the white card stock.


Take your ink and sponge over the whole card in a circular motion and you will see the pattern appear. Wipe off any excess ink with the paper towel.


I also made another background and brayered it using a multi-colored ink pad.


If you would like to know how the bottom border on the card was made you can see the instructions here. I hope you enjoyed this quick technique today. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy holiday schedule to take a look! Enjoy!

APRIL

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Gypsy Red Velvet Glitter GM2005
  2. Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter GM2000
  3. Nestle in for Christmas 0342-119P


5 comments:

Anne Temple said...

This is such a fun technique and looks fantastic as a background for your sweet little bird.

Julie Z said...

This is one of my favorite SNS stamps. The little birdy is so sweet & I love what you did with him! The technique looks very cool & I love the glittery border too!

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, April! I'm on my way over to see the tutorial. I like your color combinations and the pretty glitter border - feels candy-cane festive!

Brenda said...

Awesome background! Love the glitter border too :)

Valerie-Jael said...

lovely work, and I love the glitter - I am really on a glitter trip just now! Hope you have a happy Christmas! Hugs, Valerie

Blog Archive