Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, November 26, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Stamped Layers Card




Hi and welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday! I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. At my local stamp club this month we learned a technique that has become popular recently in card making. I have made quite a few cards using this technique and I would like to show it to you today. Normally you would do this technique using layers of cut card stock like Marie's card below, but I decided to use Spellbinders Nesties dies for my layers on this card.



Supplies needed:
  1. Spellbinders Nesties dies -- I used Big Scalloped Squares
  2. small stamps or a background stamp -- I used Ivy Background 1831-329R
  3. Versa Mark ink 99702 or any colored ink
  4. embossing powder -- I used Pear Star embossing powder EP432
  5. removable tape
  6. heat gun
First cut out the white pieces that you will stamp on from the nesties dies. Then cut out the background pieces out of the nesties dies. Mine are purple. Take the white pieces and stack them on top of each other using removable tape.  This helps them to stay in place while you are stamping.



Using the Versa Mark ink, ink up your background stamp and stamp over the nesties stack starting on one side and then the other so as to cover the whole stack. You can use individual smaller stamps too and just randomly stamp  over the stack. If you do not want to use embossing powder, then just use colored ink to stamp.



Now pour the embossing powder over the whole surface where you stamped and heat powder with a heat gun.





Carefully peel off the layers and adhere the color background to each piece.



You can also cut smaller layers and stagger them as Marie has done with her card here below.



This makes a pretty and easy card. I hope you will try this. Have fun! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

April

Other supplies:
  1. Fancy Butterfly 3546-437G
  2. Purple Potion Velvet Glitter GM2001

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Love the different take on the 3 layer card!

Donna Ellis said...

How unique, April! This looks fabulous! I'm on my way over to SNS now.

E. Marie said...

This really came out pretty. The dies work so good with this technique and your butterfly is so beautiful in the center.

Blog Archive