Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, July 9, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Swirled Acrylics


Wow, it's time for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday again!  I just got back from The Scrapbook Expo with Margaret.  Marie and I had a wonderful time getting to know Margaret and interacting with the customers at the show. What I want to show you today is a technique I call Swirled Acrylics. This is easy and fun and makes a nice textured background.


Supplies needed:
  1. 3 colors of acrylic paints
  2. plastic plate
  3. paint brush
  4. white cardstock
Take the 3 colors of acrylic paint and squeeze out a small puddle of each color onto the plastic plate.


Use the end of a paint brush to swirl the colors as you turn the plate with your other hand.


Place the cardstock on the paint and pat lightly with your fingers, then lift off. The colors will not be in a circle, but you will see the various colors have not muddled, but have made an interesting pattern.


This is the background I used on my card and here are some other backgrounds I made.




Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy trying this easy technique. Have a blessed day!

APRIL

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Blue Jewel glitter
  2. Pretty Princess glitter
  3. Fancy Butterfly
  4. Hello

1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful, April! It's a great idea, and will be added to our T&T section soon!

Blog Archive