Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, July 16, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Making a Scene


Hi and welcome back to Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle. Today I will be making a scene, but not THAT kind of scene! LOL!  Hopefully you are keeping cool since it has warmed up once again.


Supplies needed:
  1. yellow, orange ,blue, purple and black ink pads
  2. sponges
  3. white or cream cardstock
Start with your lightest color -- yellow and start sponging on the color at the top of the card. Next sponge on the orange color.



I went back and sponged some yellow down the center to reflect the light in the water that I will be sponging, and then I sponged on the blue ink.


Then I used purple.


And last I sponged black around the edges to frame it and help the colors to pop.


I wanted a sun on my card,  so I used a circle punch and sponged yellow and orange on it to add to the sky.  I hope you enjoyed the technique today. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week and I hope you stop by again next week!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Celestial glitter
  2. Dani Reading
  3. Palm Hammock
  4. Flip Flops
  5. Life is Sweet

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Such a fabulous card! Just makes me want to be there with a glass of wine and a good book :)

Donna Ellis said...

Such a vibrant fun card! Glad you are making a scene, April LOL - now to hop over to SNS and see how it's done!

Blog Archive