Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Crayon Resist

I have been making Father's Day cards and they have been such a challenge for me! I guess after all the frills of Mother's Day cards these cards seem so plain. Anyway, at the Two Peas in a Bucket stamping board, we have been discussing old techniques, so I decided to use the crayon resist technique on this card. I used torn paper to mask where I wanted color on my card. I then made a collage using different stamps and then took a crayon to highlight areas. You can see white on the areas I highlighted. You can use any color crayon because the wax is what resists the ink color. I then brayered over the collaged piece using the Waterfall Big and Juicy ink pad. When this dried well I took a kleenex and rubbed over the colored piece to rub off the wax so that the white areas would show up.

3 comments:

Beverly Baxley said...

Very artistic technique. Any father would like this lovely collaged card.

Kate said...

What a great technique! This is perfect for a Father's Day card!

itsallrosi said...

this came out great!

Blog Archive